A. Shareholder-Related Best Practices
- Product freshness, variety, and value as measured by shareholder product quality rating.
- Delivery convenience (pickup location, day, time, frequency) and flexibility (share options, whole vs. fillets, etc.) as measured by convenience rating.
- Customer service quality, including notification systems, website design and content, and educational events as measured by service and support ratings.
- Overall satisfaction as measured by satisfaction, renewal, and referral ratings.
B. Fisherman-Related Best Practices
- Direct economic benefit to participating fishermen as measured by the difference between the auction price and what they are paid by the CSF.
- Additional economic benefit provided to participating fishermen as measured by the percentage of CSF labor-related expenses paid to local fishing families.
- Degree of trust and support developed between fishermen and shareholders, as measured by the popularity of CSF-sponsored fisherman/shareholder events.
- Degree to which fishermen are involved in the CSF’s decision making process as measured by their responses to this question in an annual fisherman survey.
C. Marine Ecosystem-Related Best Practices
- Use of sustainable fisheries practices, as measured by gear used, species targeted, and conservation procedures followed.
- Degree of participation in collaborative research projects designed to assure the sustainability of targeted species and the survival of our fishermen.
- Degree of fisherman participation in reporting on predator/prey relationships, environmental hazards, oceanographic conditions, and development impacts.
D. Community-Related Best Practices
- Preservation of local commercial fishing jobs and revenues as measured by CSF revenues, expenses, profits, and staffing levels.
- Effectiveness of CSF’s promotional and educational activities as measured by community support of commercial fishermen and their regulatory issues.
- Degree of CSF operational transparency and shareholder and community governance and board participation, as reported in the CSF’s Annual Report.
E. Internal CSF Best Practices
- Effectiveness of the CSF’s marketing program as measured by customer retention and growth rates, favorable press coverage, and community support.
- Effectiveness of the CSF’s employee development program as measured by employee retention rates and shareholder service and support ratings.
- CSF financial performance as measured by revenues, operating profits, return on invested assets, and cash flow.